Sunday, March 23, 2014

Our first guest blogger ever: Welcome to Madame Lisa Von Drehle

Bienvenue from your guest blogger.  Lisa here, sharing our quick visit to La Bergerie.  As we drove up there was a flash hail storm.  That quickly cleared, giving way to a sunny, crisp afternoon.  After lunch we toured the grounds, catching up on all of the changes and everything growing and flourishing under Tom and MC's care.

















Today's special treat is a rare sighting of Marie-Claude on her own blog.  I managed to photograph her during our tour of the grounds today and much to my pleasure and surprise it passed the cut.  Bonjour MC!







































Borko and Tom heading over to the orchard.  I can't remember quite why Tom needed the shovel but he was pleased he remembered to grab it before crossing over.































My fellow Chicagoans can understand how happy I get every time I see something green, growing or blooming.  This has made our trip to the Berge extra special.  I couldn't resist snapping this quick view from the kitchen window - pansies in the foreground, hyacinths behind and green green green.






























The Bean at the Berge.  Layers of images here which unfortunately I need to decode.  In the foreground is yours truly in the communal green down vest.  Behind is the lovely house.  Sun over my left shoulder.

























You already know that I am a sucker for anything growing right now.  Couldn't resist bold yellow forsythia in the foreground with the house bathed in sun behind.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Lisa! That could be the first ever pic of M-C in her blog. Tom was probably going to the orchard to dig up thistles, a passion of his when he was a farm lad.

    ReplyDelete